Summarizing tonight's Townhall:105 posts and 6 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.
- A new team of moderators and janitors has been hired and is working hard to keep lolcow clean. Staff has an all-new moderation guide with specific ban reasons and times. Bans increase with a factor of 2 for repeat offenses in succession.
- A posting guide for new users will be added in order to integrate them more efficiently rather than filling up threads with attempts to alienate or teach them.
- Users are encouraged to use the reports system to let staff know privately if they agree with moderation decisions (public ones like warnings). This is a way for us to (under consideration of bullshit reports and bias) keep tabs on which moderators reflect the community.
- Posting new threads on /pt/ will be restricted to staff members. For thread continuations, a warning will be posted once a thread has reached 1100 posts (100 posts before bump limit).
From that point, users can submit summaries of recent drama and thread OP pics to a dedicated thread. Staff will then post a continuation thread. Recently, continuations have been missing social media links and summaries, so we'll try this as a solution.
- Posting new threads to /snow/ will be aided by a new post form (pic related). Until the form is installed, a post template will help new users make decent quality threads.
- Race and trans wank will be reduced to one thread each in /ot/ which will be put on autosage.
- Proposed: In times of zero milk, when a thread is mostly speculation, it could be put on autosage until a moderator undoes this when there's fresh drama.
- Nitpicking, armchair psychology, and absolutely baseless speculating must be saged and kept under control. Endless tinfoiling about e.g. Taylor's or Dakota's income or specific shade of hair color must stop and will be punished.
- Hellweek starts tomorrow. This means strict moderation and lots of temporary bans.
- For example, all posts that only consist of "hi [cow]" or "lol" or "underrated post" will be removed and punished with a short ban.
- Taking bait is now a bannable offense unless saged and kept to minimal interaction.
- The Chatango box, although requested as an alternative to Discord, seems unpopular and has been voted to be removed.
- Incel threads will be banned until farmers learn not to lure them to lolcow by attentionwhoring in their communities.
- Zero tolerance for male posters who identify themselves in their posts or otherwise fail to fly under the radar.
- Ember's thread will be put on autosage. You can keep posting in it, but don't make a new one.
- /sty/ and /cream/ will be removed.
Feel free to make further suggestions or post your feedback on any of the above.