Check this guide to learn about posting on lolcow.farm.
- 1. Do not say, do, or threaten to do anything illegal under United States law.
- 2. Do not post about subjects under the age of 16.
- 2.2 Do not share the full legal name of a minor. First name(s) only unless the subject is 18+.
- 3. Adhere to board culture.
- 3.1 Do not blogpost. Blogposting means sharing your personal experience, perspective, or anecdote in a way that’s not directly relevant to the discussion.
- 3.2 Do not whiteknight (defending a cow without arguments (e.g. “this is bullying”)
- 3.3 Staying anonymous is mandatory unless your identity is essential to the information you're providing. Otherwise:
- 3.3a Don't use the email field unless you are explicitly asking to be contacted.
- 3.3b Don't use tripcodes.
- 3.3c Don't post pictures of specific people or themes to "mark" your posts. (avatarfagging)
- 3.4 Don't excessively post about wishing serious bodily harm on someone or harming them. (a-logging)
- 3.5 Do not derail or disrupt the conversation.
- 3.5a Do not engage with trolls. Report and move on.
- 3.5b Don't engage in overly repetitive nitpicking of a subject's appearance.
- 3.5c Don't engage in race-related arguments outside of dedicated threads. (racebaiting)
- 3.5d Male posters: Do not announce your gender or post in a "male here" way. Don't post simply to point out if you're attracted to the subject or not. Nobody cares about your preferences.
- 3.6 If your comment doesn't add anything new to the conversation, sage it.
- 4. Do not harass other users or any of the subjects posted.
- 4.1 Don't post personal information that leads to real life harassment. No street addresses, phone numbers, or places of employment, unless the subject has published that information publicly on their social media.
- 4.2 Do not share names, pictures, or social media of people unrelated to the drama being discussed, for example family members, friends, or coworkers.
- 4.3 Do not alert a subject to their thread or take any other action to lead them to lolcow.farm. (cowtipping)
- 5. Do not attempt to use lolcow.farm for attention or profit. (See rule 3.3)
- 5.1 Do not deceptively post about yourself in the third person for any reason.
- 6. Do not post about someone who doesn't have any drama simply because you personally dislike them. (vendetta posting)
- 6.1 Do not post vendetta threads in the direct or indirect guise of a self-post, by impersonating someone you have a grudge against.
- Ember Whann
- Princess Doll
- Any person under the age of 16
- Photos, names, social media, and other information about friends and relatives of subjects, unless they are personally and willingly involved in the drama.
- Any personality known only for their eating disorder. If they'd warrant a thread without their ED, they're ok to post.
- Direct linking to any videos uploaded on channels by Onision, Laineybot or Joy Sparkle BS, including all their side channels. (must be rehosted before linking)
In extreme cases of serious rule violations, staff may decide to revoke your anonymity. This is a rare occurrence reserved for when a user has gone to lengths to use lolcow.farm for their personal gain while attempting to deceive users and staff.
Do not report a thread or post with the expectation of it being deleted unless it violates one of the rules. Note: Talking shit about you, calling you names, or screenshotting your social media pages is not stalking, is not against the rules, and is not illegal.
Filing frivolous reports, or filing reports after being warned to stop, may result in a ban, and may also result in your report being called out if it is particularly frivolous.
You may use the reporting system as a method to communicate with or ask questions of lolcowchan staff. You can consider reports as a type of private messaging system. However, anything longer than a few sentences should probably be sent via email instead.
All reports and communication to staff will stay anonymous. Staff will never reveal the identity, IP address, or full report message of anyone who files a report, even a report of something that does not violate the rules. The only exception is those who file numerous or extremely frivolous or deceptive reports, or anyone who has lost their privilege of anonymity by violating one of the global rules.
Staff does reserve the right to occasionally publicly reveal that a particular thread or post was reported and to possibly give a vague description of the report reason, without mentioning who reported it. Other than that, you can consider reports to be private and anonymous if you have followed all the guidelines.
The rules may be modified at any time. The admin reserves the right to retroactively take action based on new rules that are added. This means if a new rule is added and you violated that rule before it was added, you can still be moderated for it, though potentially with more leniency.
I do not intend on abusing this policy. It will only take effect when someone, for example, finds a loophole and posts something that clearly breaks the spirit but not the letter of the rules. The rules change very infrequently, so this caveat should not pose any issues to most posters.
You can contact the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, suggestions, or comments. Requests to take moderative action should go through the report system, not email.