Joe Biden, full name Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., is an American politician who served as the 47th vice president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. Biden is a candidate for president in the 2020 election. An enigma of sorts- once you think he can't get any worse, he'll once again reveal himself to be even more of a fundamentally weak, unreliable, and dishonest person.
Despite repeatedly demonstrating that he is out of step with the values of the Democratic Party, he is currently leading in the democratic primaries. Past milk:
- Was so incompetent that Obama's team had to block him from doing media to keep him from shedding Obama's talking points. Obama persuaded him not to run in 2016, believing that HILLARY CLINTON had a better chance to defeat Trump than the Republican nominee.
- Voted for the resolution to authorize military involvement in Iraq, which resulted in the death of 4,424 US military members and cost taxpayers $2.4 trillion.
- "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." -Joe Biden on Obama, 2007
- Actively worked to oppose busing, a way to desegregate schools. He even wrote letters seeking the support of people who thought schools should be segregated by race.
- In 1996, Senator Joe Biden voted for the Defense of Marriage Act which defined marriage as between a man and a woman. This law also prevented states from recognizing same sex marriages.
- FOR harsh drug sentences: Joe voted for mandatory minimum sentences for drug use and civil asset forfeiture without a conviction. He voted for both the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986 and its 1988 counterpart and claimed George H. Bush’s war on drugs was “not tough enough, bold enough, or imaginative enough.”
- Falsely claimed to have been shot in Iraq and worked in coal mines.
- Tried to cut medicare and social security benefits for the elderly.
- In 1982, Senator Joe Biden initially voted for a constitutional amendment which would have allowed states to overturn Roe v. Wade – the Supreme Court decision which legalized abortion.Post too long. Click here to view the full text.