Here are some rule changes and clarifications of existing rules.
First, since there is no objective definition of what "self-posting" or "samefagging" actually mean, I'm going to define some terms.
The actual rule changes will be in the post below this one.
- General term for any deceptive anonymous posts made by an individual, where the poster tries to give the impression that they weren't the one who made the post.
- One form of sockpuppetry. Posting about yourself anonymously, while trying to hide the fact that it's you who's posting, to attract attention to yourself. Generally the person will pretend to either be a fan or a "hater". This may include complimenting yourself, insulting yourself, linking to or uploading your own photos or social media posts, or just mentioning yourself at all. Examples include Princess Doll (>>>/cream/64
) and Eboni (>>>/cream/12
- Another form of sockpuppetry. A few things can be called samefagging, but in this case I'll just refer to it as when a poster tries to reinforce their own position in a thread by giving the appearance of multiple people who agree with them or who disagree with and/or dislike the opposition. Often occurs during arguments and disagreements.
- Sharing personal anecdotes, details, stories, or experiences in a thread intended to discuss a specific topic. This includes posting about your physical attributes, physical or mental health, family, childhood, job, relationships… Sometimes referred to as "self-posting", but I will call it blogposting to reduce ambiguity.
- A poster who has violated a global rule and had some, or all, of their posts labelled with their name or username. Please re-read the rules to understand what violations may merit this. This is only done in very rare and extreme cases. >>>/cream/
should have pretty much every instance of branding.