We are currently deciding whether or not to allow threads about underage people.If you're interested in discussing this, please join the townhall discussion at https://chat.lolcow.farm/r/meta.
We'll also be discussing a few other site issues.
The townhall is starting now.
Arguments for banning threads about underage people:
- Threads about underage people attract underage posters, and worsen the site as a whole.
- The minimum age to post is 18, and it's unfair to not let people post in their own threads or defend themselves.
- People under 18 have less self-control and are less culpable for their actions, so it's less justifiable to mock them.
- Creates less liability.
Arguments against banning threads about underage people:
- Freedom of speech.
- We could still allow it, but put the minimum at 16 or 17, and add some stricter criteria for threads about people under 18.
- People like Dakota and Charms were discovered before they were 18. We'd also miss out on the Princess Doll drama. We may be missing out on potentially humorous cows.
- We couldn't have incidents like the shoplifting doxing drama.